Top places to stay in the Pyrenees wine region
We have put together a list of some of the best places to stay in the Pyrenees, Victoria to make your trip planning as seamless as possible. And don’t worry – we have also made a note of the best Dalwhinnie wines to sip on back at your accommodation as you unwind from a big day of exploring!
Plan a trip to this stunning wine region in rural Victoria and make sure to stay for at least three nights so you really get the most out of your time in this beautiful part of Australia. From glamorous tiny houses to luxurious hotel-inspired homes, read on and get ready to book an incredible holiday in the Pyrenees.
1. The magical Pyrenees Tiny House is set amongst a working family farm with iron bark forests, grazing sheep and other wildlife to spot from your accommodation. Although it may be small, this luxury stay has all the modern amenities you might need with an off grid set up.
Get cosy on the wooden deck next to the fire pit and take in the stars with a glass of the elegant 2016 Moonambel Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 35 km
2. The charming Summerfield Cottage is located in the quaint town of Moonambel, surrounded by vineyards and 22 local wineries. Hosting four guests, the cottage supplies everything you might need on your stay, including a continental breakfast and all-you-can-drink Nespresso coffee.
Make sure to try the best pizza in the Pyrenees from the local pizzeria down the road and tuck in with a glass of the deliciously spicy 2019 Mesa Shiraz.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 10 km
3. Situated on a tranquil and picturesque 100 acre working farm and vineyard, The Glut Farm has built an incredible farmhouse with a focus on comfort, luxury and sustainability. The stunning, contemporary accommodation sleeps seven and is inspired by modern European architecture.
Sit on the edge of your small, private wharf overlooking the lake just steps from the front door and enjoy a bottle of the exquisite 2013 The Pinnacle Shiraz.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 68 km
4. Graylings Gift is an oasis from the outside world. As soon as you step into the tasteful converted church accommodation you are surrounded by a sense of peace and serenity. This feeling is only enhanced by the beautiful light shining through the restored stained-glass windows.
Take a long, relaxing bath in the vintage clawfoot bathtub with a glass of the 2020 Three Valleys Pinot Noir.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 50km
5. The stunning, eco-friendly Womburra Vineyard Tiny Stay is set amongst vineyards and olive trees, home to a variety of native animals such as kangaroos, kookaburras and yellow-crested cockatoos to you keep you company.
Rug up on the outdoor seats in front of the firepit and toast to your holiday with a glass of the powerful and expressive 2016 Moonambel Shiraz.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 9 km
6. Gilbert by Whiskey June is a character home full of charm and beautiful décor, renovated and furnished to the standard of a luxury hotel. Sleeping six adults, this house is perfectly suited as a base to explore the Pyrenees wine region.
Settle into your deluxe surroundings at the end of the day with a cold glass of the elegant 2018 Moonambel Chardonnay.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 52 km
7. Stay at Faraday on Avoca for a home away from home feeling while on holiday. Located in the heart of the Pyrenees wine region, the property is modern and stylish, offering four bedrooms and a full host of amenities to enjoy.
With the property backing on to the Avoca River, meander down to take in the beauty with a glass of the generous and full-flavoured 2013 Southwest Rocks Shiraz.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 27km
8. Nestled in a tranquil location amongst the picturesque vineyards and olive groves at Mount Avoca, Eco-Luxe is an ideal setting to recharge and unwind. This is an elegant, sustainable and stunning accommodation – the ultimate Pyrenees escape.
Take a seat by the large picture windows overlooking the magnificent backdrop of Mount Avoca with the ultimate Pyrenees wine to match your stay, the 2015 The Eagle Shiraz.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 29km
9. Stay at Woodhouse - a quaint and cosy 3-bedroom cottage located in the quiet but central suburb of Soldiers Hill in Ballarat. Carefully curated with vintage pieces & designed with comfort and convenience. You are also in walking distance to restaurants, cafes, bars and shopping.
After a long day exploring, cosy up on the couch with a bottle of our 2021 Mesa Chardonnay and turn on your favourite Netflix show.
- Distance to Dalwhinnie Cellar Door: 90km
Thinking of joining us at our upcoming Cellar Door Series on Saturday 3rd December for an afternoon of tastings, cheese platters and live music by local duo @thebrothersbishop? With free entry and cheese platters available for purchase, stay for a while and enjoy a glass of delicious Dalwhinnie wine while taking in the stunning vistas across the vineyard and the classic Pyrenees backdrop beyond. Why not book one of these great local stays and turn your afternoon of fun into a weekend stay!
Plus, be sure to browse all of the Dalwhinnie wines here.